First of all remember to follow me on Instagram: coach_camlam
2016 was a really big year! Because so much has happened I will just list them for you:
- I achieved my A Licence Long distance German Triathlon (DTU)
- I achieved my B licence from Germany Cycling (BDR)
- The Wildcats had a massive year including lots of performance increases, Personal bests, over 45 Wins, 40 more podium places and another 60 something top ten.
- My Personal athletes performed fantastically and also produced top results, including Qualifying for 70.3 World championships, Personal bests, huge improvements and more lots of wins and podium places.
- I achieved my A licence from Swiss Triathlon
- I achieved my Level 3 coach from Triathlon New Zealand
- And to cap it all off I finished my Bachelor in Sport and Exercise from Massey University in New Zealand.
Oh, and I also did a couple of races in there myself as well.
Looking back at such a year is crazy. I spent so much time working towards the goals I set for myself and this in conjunction with the athletes working towards their goals. Now looking back and viewing the year in a retrospective manner I am shocked (in a good way!) at how much was achieved and, of course, at the progress that has been made.
In moments like this when I look back I can really say…… I love my job! It is fantastic. I have worked really hard, and do my best to help my athletes achieve success and to see it happen is an honour.
Ok, so now what…? Let’s look to the future. To what 2017 (ok, this is late as it is already March) will hold. The training season is well underway here in Germany/Switzerland. Much of the ground work has been laid for the new race season that starts in April. Athletes who have trained all winter long are now really ready for sunshine and warm weather! They are also ready to race…
But also with Southern hemisphere athletes approaching the end of their season, it is time to have that last big kick to the end of the season! Then it will be timely to reflect and decide what is the plan for the off season and the goals for the new season.
So much always happening and it is awesome!
As for me, well…. I now have a wonderful son, so he will keep me on my toes! Also I have decided I want to do my Professional trainer qualification with Swiss Olympic and Swiss Triathlon, plus thought that a completing a Masters degree in Sport coaching sounds nice. So I once again have my work cut out for me ;)
Also in the works, is a re-vamp of my website to better reflect the work I do. I am trying be more active on Instagram and Facebook. But above all, I want my athletes to succeed and reach the goals with amazing ability and potential they have!
So, let’s get working!